We all know about arguably the world’s greatest footballer of all time Cristiano Ronaldo. From his goal scoring facts to the number of girlfriends, he had we all know.
But there are some facts that very rare people know about him. We present you some of those facts you. I bet many of you haven’t heard of these facts.
So, let’s go and find out some amazing facts about Cristiano:
1. He got the name “Ronaldo” after then U.S. president Ronald Reagan, who was his father’s favorite actor.
2. Ronaldo was nicknamed “cry-baby” as a child. His mother Dolores Aveiro said: “When he got home from school I’d tell him to do homework but he’d say he didn’t have any. I’d be making dinner and he would jump out of the window and run off until late. He used to cry when he passed and his friends didn’t score. People called him ‘cry-baby’ and ‘little bee’ because nobody could catch him.” He still shows some glimpses of that nickname.
3. At the age of 15 Ronaldo was diagnosed with a racing heart, a condition that might have forced him to give up playing football. He had an operation in which a laser was used to cauterize the area of his heart that was causing the problem. The surgery took place in the morning and Ronaldo was discharged from hospital by the end of the afternoon; he resumed training only a few days later. Really, from day 1 he wanted to become best in the world.
4. Manchester United paid £12 million to sign him in 2003-a record fee for a player of his age.
5. Sir Alex Ferguson had no hesitation in handing Ronaldo the No 7 shirt. He said: “We’ve had some fantastic No 7, Bryan Robson, Eric Cantona, David Beckham, some wouldn’t want that jersey but his confidence was high even at 18. When he made his debut as a substitute against Bolton he took the place by storm.”
6. In 2006, Ronaldo opened a fashion boutique under the name “CR7” (his initials and shirt number) on the island of Madeira, Portugal. Ronaldo expanded his business with a second clothes boutique in Lisbon in 2008. The stores include diamond-studded belts, jeans with leather pockets and patented buckled loafers.
7. Ronaldo announced that he had become a father on July 3, 2010. His official Facebook and Twitter pages reference the birth of his son and request privacy. The child, named Cristiano is in full custody of Ronaldo. The mother is a waitress that he once dated for a short time and the sons name is Cristiano Ronaldo Jr.
8. There is a museum named Museu CR7 in his hometown Funchal, Portugal, dedicated to him which contains his trophies, rare photographs, medals and lots more related to the player.
9. When Ronaldo jumps, he generates 5G of G-force on take-off – this is five times the power of a cheetah in full flight. This enables him to reach heights of 44cm in the air from a standing start and 78cm with a run-up – 7cm more than the average NBA player.
10.Ronaldo lifts around 23,055 kg of weight during a training session, which is a total of 16 Toyota Prius cars. The guy just continues to amaze us.